This Potato Soup is smooth and creamy. Loaded with chunks of potato. Plus it’s secretly healthy, made with no milk or cream!
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup diced yellow onion
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 head cauliflower chopped
- 3 cups low sodium chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound diced potatoes (approximately 2 medium size russet potatoes)
- Add olive oil to a large pot and heat over medium heat. Add in the onion and garlic. Stir and cook for about 3-5 minutes until soft.
- Add in the cauliflower, chicken stock and salt. Bring to a boil and simmer for about 10 minutes, until the cauliflower is soft and easily mashed.
- Using an immersion blender (or transferring over to a blender or food processor ) blend until no lumps remain.
- Add in the diced potato (I left the skin on one potato and peeled the other one. I like the rustic look and feel of the skins being left on. Completely a personal preference though).
- Cover and allow to simmer for about 15 minutes until the potatoes are soft and tender.
- Spoon into a bowl and top with any additional toppings you desire! Cheese and bacon are my favorite, but you could also do sour cream and green onion.
This is a dairy free recipe. I just have mine topped with cheese, but it’s definitely not required.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 175
- Fat: 5 g
- Carbohydrates: 29 g
- Protein: 7 g