Sausage Gravy! This sausage gravy, also known as sawmill gravy, is beyond easy to make! Needing less than a handful of ingredients, this hearty, comforting recipe comes together in just minutes.
- 1 pound ground pork sausage
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 3 cups milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon coarse ground pepper
- Brown the pork sausage in a large skillet. Make sure you keep any grease in the skillet, don’t drain it out.
- Add flour to the sausage. Stir this around until you can’t see the flour. Then allow this mixture to cook for about 3-4 minutes.
- Add the milk. Stir. Add in the seasonings. You can always start with less salt and pepper and add more at the end when you’re tasting the finished gravy.
- Allow the gravy to simmer. As the gravy simmers it will thicken. Simmer for about 7-8 minutes or until gravy is nice and thick.
If gravy is too thick, you can add some extra milk to help thin it out.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 241
- Sugar: 4 g
- Fat: 16 g
- Carbohydrates: 8 g
- Protein: 14 g
- Cholesterol: 50 mg
Keywords: sausage gravy, gravy, sausage gravy recipe, sawmill gravy, how to make homemade sausage gravy,