Hold on to your hats!!
This dessert is so unbelievable, when I told my husband my idea for it, he actually told me, “Don’t you think that’s a little much?” Which of course meant that I had to do it!! There is no dessert that can be “a little much.”
If you’re following along you saw that I recently made Samoa Rice Krispie treats. And oh boy were they deeeee-licious. What’s the only thing that can make any dessert better?? Putting it on top of a cupcake of course!
This frosting is made with a caramel buttercream frosting. Which by itself is heavenly.
Then I smashed up some of the Samoa rice krispie treats that I had made before. Mixed it all up in my handy dandy mixer. And VOILA. Pure deliciousness in a bowl.
If you are able to put this on a cupcake before eating it all congratulations!Print
- 1 cup of softened butter (softened NOT melted)
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1/4 cup caramel
- 6 samoa rice krispie treats
- Place softened butter, powdered sugar and heavy cream into mixing bowl.
- Mix on low speed until smooth.
- Add in caramel sauce and mix on medium speed.
- Add in smashed up rice krispie treats and mix on low speed until combined.
- Frosting will be thick, it’s easier to spoon it onto the cupcakes. If you want to pipe it on I would suggest a large tip.
Love Samoas?? Check these out too!0