Samoa Pound Cake
An easy to make dessert! Pound cake topped with a fluffy caramel buttercream frosting, toasted coconut, and a decadent drizzle of caramel and chocolate on top.
Samoa Pound Cake. That’s right. I went there. As if a Sara Lee® All Butter Pound Cake isn’t enough on its own! I love pound cake though. Who needs strawberry shortcake with it? I’ll just eat the pound cake by itself. But when asked to create something using a pound cake to show y’all what it’s capable of, I had to go with giving it a Samoa topping. Yes. Samoa, like the Girl Scout cookies. Chocolate, caramel, coconut. Those flavors just can’t do any wrong! Like my milkshake from way back when..remember that one?! And these fantastic krispies treats! Plus, I’m sure y’all saw the Tag Along Pound Cake by Shawn last year? It definitely inspired me.
I’ve always been a fan of using Sara Lee® All Butter Pound Cake when I’m short on time – it thaws in only 10 seconds! I love having homemade desserts whenever we have people over. And I don’t know if I’ve told y’all this before or not, but..I typically feel a lot of pressure whenever people come over to eat, or whenever there’s a potluck and I’m asked to bring something. I feel like people are judging my food, and sometimes they are more than willing to critique everything I make without any prompting, meaning..I better not mess it up! My husband tells me that this is all in my head and that no one really cares what I make or bring – I’m not so sure I believe him. Anyway, my point. This dessert is something I would be totally confident in bringing or serving to everyone! It takes about 10 minutes to make, and it’s pretty much fool proof.
The best part about this dessert? It’s so easy. All it really takes is getting a Sara Lee® All Butter Pound Cake, I found mine in the freezer aisle at Walmart, and making the creamy caramel frosting recipe that is below. Oh, and toasting coconut. Which is not only easy, but it makes the house smell amazing! And will have everyone thinking that you just spent a lot of time baking this little treat.
Samoa Pound Cake
- 1 10.75 oz Sara Lee® All Butter Pound Cake
- ⅓ cup sweetened coconut
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1½ tbsp heavy cream
- 2 tbsp caramel sauce
- 1 tbsp chocolate sauce
- 1 tbsp caramel sauce
- Toast the coconut by placing the sweetened coconut into a small frying pan. Heat over low heat for about 5 minutes while stirring occasionally. Once the coconut is fragrant and tan remove from heat.
- To make the frosting, place the butter into a mixing bowl, mix on medium speed until creamy. Add the powdered sugar, heavy cream and caramel sauce. Mix on medium until smooth and creamy. Add more powdered sugar or heavy cream as needed to get correct consistency.
- Spread the frosting on top of the Sara Lee® All Butter Pound Cake, sprinkle with toasted coconut. Then drizzle with caramel sauce and chocolate sauce.
- Serve and enjoy!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Tyson. The opinions and text are all mine.