This super simple recipe is the perfect light and fresh snack, lunch, or light dinner! Sure to impress!!! This dish has layers of fluffy cilantro, lime rice. Salmon mixed with a spicy mayo. Smooth and creamy avocado. And fresh and cool cucumber. Forget getting that pricey sushi! Make this scrumptious snack at home!
Cilantro Lime Rice
- 1/2 cup white rice
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon chopped cilantro
- pinch of salt
- 1 medium ripe avocado
- 1/8 teaspoon lime juice
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon sriracha (or less to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon chili oil
- 1 medium cucumber peeled and chopped
- 1 Chicken of the Sea® Skinless & Boneless Pink Salmon in EZ-Open Can
- 3 green onions chopped
- Prepare the rice by cooking the white rice in the water according to the directions.
- Once cooked and cooled add in the lime juice, cilantro and a pinch of salt to taste.
- Mash the avocado in a small bowl and add the splash of lime juice, and pinch of salt. Stir to combine.
- Prepare the spicy mayo by mixing the mayonnaise, sriracha, and chili oil together. Add less oil and/or sriracha to make it less spicy if needed. Stir to combine.
- In a small bowl add the Chicken of the Sea® Skinless & Boneless Pink Salmon, add about 1 tablespoon of the spicy mayo and stir to combine. Salt to taste if needed.
- In a 1 cup measuring cup add the chopped cucumber, spread a layer of the mashed avocado. Press it down to ensure it is packed into the cup. Add a layer of the Chicken of the Sea® Skinless & Boneless Pink Salmon mixture, press down to ensure that it is packed. Then add the layer of the cilantro lime rice, press down to pack.
- Run a butter knife along the inside of the cup. Turn the cup upside down carefully onto a flat surface and gently lift.
- Sprinkle with green onion and drizzle with spicy mayo. Serve and enjoy!
- Serving Size: 4