Roasted Red Pepper Soup! This bold and flavorful soup is made from roasted red peppers. My kids say it tastes like pizza! The perfect warm and comforting dish!
- 6–8 Red Bell Peppers
- 1/2 an onion chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 5 cloves of garlic
- 4 cups of chicken stock
- 2 teaspoons hot sauce (I used Sriracha)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Clean the bell peppers, cut them in half and remove the seeds and membranes.
- Place them on a baking sheet covered in foil, pressing them down to make them as flat as possible. Place the garlic cloves on the baking sheet among the peppers.
- Place the baking sheet of peppers and garlic under the broiler in the oven and broil for about 15 minutes until the skins are blackened. Remove from the oven and place the peppers inside a tupperware container, and close the lid. This will allow the steam to soften them more. Keep in there for another 15 minutes.
- While prepping the bell peppers, in a frying pan saute the onions with the olive oil until the onions are soft and translucent.
- After peppers have cooled enough to touch, about 15 minutes. Remove from the tupperware and peel off the burnt skin. It will peel off. (I only peeled the burnt parts that were easily removed and left the skin that was still red and attached)
- Place the bell pepper, garlic cloves, and onion into a food processor and processes for about 3-5 minutes until there are no large chunks left.
- Add the mixture to a large pot, add in the chicken stock, hot sauce, salt, and pepper. Bring to a simmer, cover and allow to simmer for another 20 minutes.
- Remove from the heat. Stir in the sour cream. Place the oregano in your hand and crush it up slightly to release the flavor and to make the pieces smaller, then pour into the pot. Stir until completely combined.
- Serve with extra sour cream and fresh herbs on top if desired.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 168
- Sugar: 9 g
- Sodium: 492 mg
- Fat: 8 g
- Carbohydrates: 16 g
- Protein: 6 g
Keywords: soup, roasted pepper,