Pumpkin Chai Cobbler
Pumpkin Chai Cobbler, a magical cake made by pouring hot chai tea over a pumpkin batter that bakes into a cake with a layer of a caramel like sauce underneath.
I am an official ambassador for Tom Thumb who provided me with compensation for my time. As always, all opinions expressed in this post are mine. Thanks for continuing to support the brands that support House of Yumm <3
The holidays are upon us in full swing!
So, let’s eat, drink and be merry! Whether you’re whipping up a family feast or a cozy dinner for two, Tom Thumb has everything you need for an unforgettable holiday meal!
Tom Thumb has everything that we need for the holidays, from the O Organics® line to the Open Nature® line and their debi lilly design™ collection! Notice those gorgeous flowers in that gold mint julep vase?! That’s a little debi lilly design. I love browsing the front section of the store with all the gorgeous flower arrangements and vases.
They always have such beautiful arrangements that would be perfect as a hostess gift or just to brighten up your own home. There’s something magical about having fresh flowers in my home.
Now a little about this completely magical cake. If you remember I made a Snickerdoodle Cobbler before. This is pretty much along those same lines. Except we’re adding some O Organics Pumpkin Puree to our cake batter. And instead of drizzling hot water over the top to make that delicious sauce underneath, we’re going to use O Organics Chai Tea!!
Using the O Organics Chai Tea imparts all those spices into our finished pumpkin chai cobbler. And it is SO good. Basically all the best parts of pumpkin and chai combined in one amazing dessert.
Thankfully, Tom Thumb stores believe that great-tasting organic food should be available to everyone at a great value. Meaning that even with 5 kids and a tight grocery budget every week, we can still get organic food into our house.
Now that we have dessert covered, keep Tom Thumb in mind for the main dish also! The O Organics line, available in my area exclusively at Albertsons and Tom Thumb stores, offers USDA certified organic chicken and beef, perfect to use as the base for a variety of meals, from easy weeknight favorites to holiday show-stoppers.
If you don’t live near a Tomb Thumb or Albertsons, check out O Organics Products at any of the Albertsons Companies family of stores including Safeway, ACME Markets, Jewel-Osco, Vons, Pavilions, Randalls, Shaws, Star Market, United Express, United Supermarkets and Carrs/Safeway.
Pumpkin Chai Cobbler
- ¾ cup light brown sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1½ cup chai tea, brewed
- Preheat oven to 350℉ degrees.
- Spray a 10 inch cast iron skillet with non stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Add 1 and 1/2 cups of water to a heatproof container (I used my glass measuring cup). Heat the water by microwave or stovetop to boiling point. Add in the 2 bags of chai tea. Let the tea steep while preparing the batter.
- In a medium size mixing bowl add the flour, baking powder, salt and stir together with a fork.
- In a small size mixing bowl combine the light brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, egg, vanilla, and O Organic pumpkin puree. Stir to combine.
- Add the wet ingredients into the dry and stir until mixed.
- Spread the cake batter in the greased skillet.
- In a small bowl combine the light brown sugar and the cinnamon for the topping. Sprinkle over the top of the cake. Pour the hot chai tea over the top. Don't stir or mix.
- Bake the cobbler for about 40-45 minutes, or until the cake is baked through, it will look like it's bubbling, but that is due to the sauce that forms underneath.
- Serve warm with whipped cream or ice cream if desired.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Albertsons Companies. The opinions and text are all mine.