Pimento Cheese Pinwheels
Pimento Cheese Pinwheels. Easy and cheesy! These baked pinwheels loaded up with a creamy pimento cheese are sure to be a hit!!
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 18
- Category: appetizer
- Method: baked
- Cuisine: American
- 16 ounces Borden® Shredded Cheese (Triple Cheddar, or any mixture of sharp, mild cheddar, jack)
- 4 ounces softened cream cheese
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 4 ounces diced pimentos (drained)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black ground pepper
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 sheets puff pastry (thawed)
- In a medium size bowl combine the shredded cheese with the softened cream cheese and mayonnaise. Stir together to create a consistent texture.
- Add the diced pimentos, salt, pepper and stir.
- In a small bowl add the egg and water. Whisk to combine.
- Brush the egg wash over the top of the puff pastry. Spoon pimento cheese mixture on top. Spread it out into a consistent layer.
- Carefully roll the puff pastry to create a roll. Gently slice the roll into 1-inch long sections using a sharp knife.
- Lay onto a baking sheet lined with a silicone baking mat or foil. Make sure to not crowd the rolls or they will stick to each other while baking. On a half sheet size baking pan, I can get 9 rolls.
- Bake for 20 minutes, rolls will be golden, and cheese will be bubbly.
- Allow to cool for about 5 minutes then remove from the pan.
The longer the puff pastry defrosts, the softer the dough becomes, and it will spread more during baking. I remove the puff pastry and warm in the microwave for 10-15 seconds then use it. Or just set out to warm at room temperature for about 15 minutes.
Keywords: pimento cheese, pinwheels, snack, appetizer,