Perfect Slow Cooker Pulled Pork. This Texas style pulled pork is made easier in the slow cooker. Perfect for enjoying as a BBQ Pulled Pork Sandwich, or loaded up on nachos, or even as a pizza topping! The possibilities are endless!
Texas Dry Rub
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2.5 pound pork shoulder
- Texas Dry Rub
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon liquid smoke
- Mix together the ingredients for the Texas Dry Rub in a small bowl.
- Trim off any large excessive fat pieces from the pork roast. Rub the pork shoulder with the Texas Dry Rub on all sides. Place into the slow cooker.
- Stir together the apple cider vinegar, worcestshire sauce, and liquid smoke in a small bowl, then pour over the pork roast in the slow cooker.
- Cook on Low heat for 8 hours until tender.
- Remove the pork from the slow cooker and shred using forks. Spread the shredded pork over a large baking sheet lined with foil. Pour the remaining juice from the slow cooker over the meat.
- Broil for 5 minutes to get the crispy pieces of pork. (optional)
- Remove from oven, allow to cool for a couple minutes. Serve warm on hamburger buns, top with Texas Style BBQ Sauce! Or some Blue Cheese Coleslaw. Enjoy!
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 296
- Sugar: 9 g
- Fat: 8 g
- Carbohydrates: 45 g
- Fiber: 5 g
- Protein: 15 g
- Cholesterol: 92 mg
Keywords: pulled pork recipe, pulled pork, crock pot pulled pork, slow cooker pulled pork, pulled pork sandwich, how to make pulled pork,