I am so ready for Fall. Pecans, apples, pumpkins. Cinnamon, brown sugar, cloves, nutmeg. All the things that make me think of fall. I feel like I’m racing towards the end of summer in anticipation of cool air, boots and sweaters. Not to mention roasted pecans, pies, and apple bread. And soups. I love soups. Nothing more comforting in the fall than a big bowl of soup. Well…maybe this pecan pie granola is just as comforting!
In the meantime, I’m getting prepared for Fall with this Pecan Pie Granola recipe. This Pecan Pie Granola is my new favorite way to top my Silk Dairy-Free Yogurt Alternative. Silk Dairy Free Yogurt Alternative is a plant-powered nutrition that is so smooth and creamy. Made from the goodness of plants instead of dairy, Silk Dairy-Free provides grams of soy protein per serving, with no cholesterol. It’s made with real fruit, and no artificial flavors or colors. And the taste?? One spoonful and you’ll be amazed! Have you tried it? It’s so creamy, and dreamy. Make sure you check out the website at Silk for more product information. Seeing as how it’s #TopItTuesday I had to share this recipe!
This granola is a perfect combination of oats, roasted pecans, cinnamon, and a hint of maple syrup. Sweetened with brown sugar to add a depth of flavor and the cinnamon adds just the slightest bit of spice.
You can of course make modifications to this recipe to make it fit your needs. If you prefer things less sweet you can use less brown sugar, or even omit it completely and just allow the maple syrup to sweeten. And the vegetable oil can easily be swapped with coconut oil.
If you make this recipe make sure you take a picture and share it on Instagram with#houseofyumm and tag me @houseofyumm! I love seeing your creations!
I hope you enjoy the recipe! Follow along on my cooking adventures:
Pecan Pie Granola. Enjoy the classic fall flavors of pecan pie with this crunchy treat.
- 2 cups old fashioned oats
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil (or coconut oil)
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare a cookie sheet with parchment paper or baking spray, set aside.
- Add old fashioned oats, salt, brown sugar, and chopped pecans into a medium sized bowl.
- Add vegetable or coconut oil, maple syrup, and vanilla extract to a small bowl. Stir to combine.
- Pour the wet ingredients over the oats and other dry ingredients. Stir until fully mixed. Oats and pecans should be covered.
- Pour the granola mixture onto the prepared cookie sheet. Spread out so that there is only a thin layer of granola.
- Bake at 350 degrees for approximately 25 minutes or until granola mixture including pecans is a toasted brown color.
More Breakfast Treats to Enjoy:
This conversation is sponsored by Silk. The opinions and text are all mine.21