Homemade Peach Cobbler. This classic southern dessert recipe is perfected and may even be better than your own Mamaw’s recipe! Made with fresh peaches and a crispy, buttery, vanilla topping this cobbler recipe is possibly the BEST EVER!
- 4 cups fresh peaches, sliced
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 4 tablespoons butter melted and cooled to room temperature
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Add the sliced peaches to a 3 qt ceramic baking dish.
- Add the sugar, light brown sugar, and lemon juice. Stir to coat the peaches in the mixture.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- While the peaches bake, in a medium size mixing bowl add the flour, sugar, salt and baking powder. Stir to combine.
- Pour in the milk, melted butter, and vanilla extract.
- Remove the peaches from the oven and spoon the batter over the top of the baked peaches.
- Continue to bake at 375 for another 35 minutes until the top is crispy and golden brown.
- Serve cobbler warm or room temperature.
If using canned peaches drain the juice from the peaches, add to the baking dish, stir in 2 tablespoons of sugar. Do not pre-bake the peaches, add the cobbler topping and bake the entire dish for about 35-45 minutes, until the topping has a nice golden crust.
If using frozen peaches, let the peaches thaw for about 10 minutes, stir in the sugars, cornstarch, and lemon juice. There’s no need to prebake the peaches, add the topping and bake the dish for about 40-50 minutes.
Only pre-bake the fresh peaches to give them more time to cook and soften.
All baking times have been determined using a ceramic 3 quart baking dish that measures 8×10.5. If using a different size pan please be mindful of baking time. Using a 9×13 pan will need less baking time.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 358
- Sugar: 42 g
- Carbohydrates: 70 g
- Protein: 4 g
Keywords: cobbler, peach cobbler, dessert,