Celebrate the Fourth of July with this Patriotic Sugar Cookie Cake. This sugar cookie cake is loaded with white chocolate chips and red white and blue sprinkles! Topped with a tri-color swirled buttercream frosting!
The fourth of July is one of my favorite holidays! I suppose it’s because it’s so laid back. BBQ’s, friends, fireworks. Such a great combination!
This Sugar cookie cake is so easy to make, and will be a definite hit at that BBQ!
Let me just give you a warning about this recipe though. One of my favorite go to recipes is a simple and easy vanilla buttercream frosting. I used it on my Circus Animal Cookie Cupcakes. This is my GO TO! That means that I use it ALL of the time. I’m not yelling..just adding emphasis 🙂
Of course I used that go to recipe for the frosting for this sugar cookie cake. I was so excited to see how the red white and blue would come out, so I wanted to use my favorite recipe. Well apparently, buttercream and Texas do not get along. If you can tell in the pictures, it got kind of wilted. Super sadface!!! So I will give you the recipe below for the vanilla buttercream, but if you are in a hot and humid environment like me, sadly, this recipe will not win. I will not be defeated though!!! This just means I need a new go to! But for all of you without that humidity, I looove this frosting. And I never had any issues with it before. It’s my favorite because it doesn’t have that taste or feeling of eating a stick of butter. It’s just sweet, smooth, and delicious!
This sugar cookie cake is made with my favorite Betty Crocker Sugar Cookie mix. I mixed it up how the directions called for, added in a cup of white chocolate chips and 1/4 cup of red white and blue sprinkles. Because as we all know, sprinkles make everything more fun!
To complete the festivities on this cake I did a tri-color swirl. That’s right. Three colors. Way more easy than you may be thinking. I made up the buttercream frosting, divided it into three equal amounts into separate bowls, adding red and blue gel color to two of them. Leaving the third white. Each color got it’s own piping bag, I cut off the ends to all of them. And put them all into a fourth piping bag that had the frosting tip on. I used the Wilton 2D tip on this. Just squeeze out the frosting on the side until all three colors are coming out and then pipe away to decorate!
Enjoy and God Bless America!Print
Sugar Cookie Cake
- 1 package sugar cookie mix plus required ingredients according to package
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup red white and blue sprinkles
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 8 tablespoons butter (room temperature)
- 4 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- food coloring in red and blue
Sugar Cookie Cake
- Preheat oven to 375
- Prepare the sugar cookie mix as directed. Add in the white chocolate chips and sprinkles. Stir until mixed in.
- Bake in 9 inch round cake pan for 20 minutes or until the edges are golden brown and the center is cooked.
- Add all ingredients into large mixing bowl. Mix on medium speed until fully combined and frosting is fluffy.
- Separate the frosting into three equal amounts and add approximately 6 drops red food coloring to one bowl, and approximately 6 drops blue food coloring to one bowl. Or until desired color achieved. The third bowl will remain white.
- Add each color to it’s own piping bag, Cut the tips off them all. Add all three bags to a fourth piping bag with the frosting tip on it. Squeeze out some frosting off to the side to ensure all three colors are coming out and then decorate the sugar cookie cake!