Overnight Bacon and Cheese Strata. This prep ahead breakfast is loaded with eggs, bacon and cheese.
- 1 Italian loaf chopped into 1 inch cubes (about 7 cups)
- 1 lb bacon cooked and chopped
- 2 cups shredded mild cheddar cheese
- 8 eggs
- 2 cups milk or half and half
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon chives diced
- Preheat oven to 250. Line a large baking sheet with a silicone mat or foil.
- Spread the bread cubes out in a single layer on the baking sheet and bake for about 5-10 minutes, until dried out.
- Spray a 3 quart baking dish with non stick spray.
- Add the dried bread cubes, crumbled bacon, shredded cheese, and chives. Carefully stir to combine and mix up.
- In a large measuring cup add the 8 eggs. Then add milk or cream to equal out 4 cups of liquid. Will come to about 2 cups of eggs and 2 cups of milk. Mix together.
- Stir in the salt and pepper to the egg mixture.
- Pour the egg mixture over the bread mixture. Press down the bread to soak in the egg.
- Cover with foil and let sit overnight in the fridge.
- In the morning before baking, preheat oven to 350. Bake covered for 20 minutes. Then remove the foil and bake another 20-30 minutes. Serve warm.
If overnight is not needed, you can bake after prep. And you don’t need to bake the bread to dry it out. Just use the bread as is.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 425
- Sugar: 4 g
- Carbohydrates: 5 g
- Protein: 32 g