This Coffee flavored ice cream is loaded with chocolate chips giving a wonderful mocha flavor. Hey everyone! Did you miss me?? I feel like I haven’t been here in a while! Almost a week. Goodness, those summer flu/colds are no joke. First the baby got it, then the hubs, and then of course…me. So far the two year old has managed to escape it, thank goodness. But I’m excited to be back! And I’m bursting with exciting things to share with you all. First up, let me tell you about this Mocha Chip Ice Cream. Dairy Free. Vegan. This cold treat is bursting with coffee flavor, chocolate bits, and creamy goodness.
The base to this ice cream is coconut milk. Make sure you snag the full fat version. You will be ecstatic about how thick and creamy this ice cream turns out. Some quick tips for you. Place the cans of coconut milk in the refrigerator for several hours, or overnight, so that it’s cold when we start. Same with the coffee. After you brew it, pour the coffee into a cup or container and place it into the refrigerator for several hours, or into the freezer for about 30 minutes so that it cools down.
Once all ingredients are cooled down then we can pour them into a large bowl and mix them together. Place the mixture into your ice cream making bowl. Which remember should be frozen! Best to place into the freezer at least 12 hours before you need to use it. Get your ice cream maker mixing, and watch as the magic happens and your milky mixture turns into fluffy, creamy ice cream! Best magic ever.
Wait, what’s that? You don’t have an ice cream maker? Well..I have a surprise for you! I’m giving one away! Not only that, but it comes with a KitchenAid Mixer too. Whaaaaat?! I know right. Possibly the best gift ever. And it’s super easy to get entered. You just want to make sure you’re following me on Pinterest. Which you want to do anyway so you can see all the droolworthy recipes I pin. Plus check out my blogging friends that I’m joining up with for the give away. For every one of them that you follow you get an entry. Easy as pie! Wish there was a clever saying that went better with ice cream….
Oh and in other exciting news…take a look around you. Notice anything different?? The site got a makeover! Isn’t it beautiful? Love, love, love it! Ok, now onto winning you that KitchenAid Mixer,
I hope you enjoy the recipe and will follow along on my cooking adventures:Print
This Coffee flavored ice cream is loaded with chocolate chips giving a wonderful mocha flavor. Dairy Free and Vegan.
- 2 cans full fat coconut milk (13.5 ounces each)
- 3/4 cup brewed coffee
- 1/8 cup agave
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips (I used Enjoy Life Mini Chocolate Chips)
- Chill the coconut milk and brewed coffee in the refrigerator for several hours or overnight. Once the ingredients are cold pour into a large mixing bowl and stir to combine.
- Add in the agave and vanilla extract. You can add more to taste.
- Pour the milk mixture into frozen ice cream mixing bowl, use according to instructions. Once cream has started to thicken, add in the chocolate chips.
- Allow to churn in the ice cream maker for about 20 minutes or until desired consistency. Either serve immediately for a soft serve style, or pour into a container and place in the freezer for at least 3 hours to harden. After freezing allow to sit and warm on counter for a few minutes prior to scooping out. Serve and enjoy!
If you make this recipe make sure you take a picture and share it on Instagram with#houseofyumm ! I love seeing your creations!
More Summertime Treats from House of Yumm:
More Ice Cream Recipes from Blogging Friends: