Mint Brownie Bites. Small bite sized brownies with a creamy mint filling. Topped with melted chocolate. Tastes like a Junior Mint!
- ½ cup unsalted butter (1 stick) at room temperature
- ½ cup white granulated sugar
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup all purpose flour
- ¾ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons peppermint extract
4 ounces semi sweet chocolate for topping
- Preheat oven to 350. Spray mini muffin tin with non stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In large mixing bowl prepare the brownie batter. Beat the butter until creamy. Add the sugars and cream until fluffy.
- Add in the eggs and vanilla extract, mix until combined.
- Add the flour, salt, and cocoa powder. Mix until fully combined and mixture is smooth. Will be thick.
- Use a cookie scoop to spoon the batter into the mini muffin tin. There’s enough batter for 24 mini brownies.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until baked through. Using a round spoon, I used a measuring spoon, press the middle of the brownie bite down to create a little cup shape.
- Allow the brownie bites to cool for about 5-7 minutes, then gently twist and remove from the pan and allow to continue cooling on a wire rack.
- Prepare the mint filling by combining the ingredients in a small mixing bowl. Stir together. Add more cream or more powdered sugar to get desired consistency. Shouldn’t be too thick like a frosting, you want it to be slightly runnier than that.
- Spoon the filling into the cooled brownie bites.
- Melt the chocolate and drizzle over the tops of the filled brownie bites. Smooth out with a spoon to cover the tops of the bites.
- Allow to set, can be placed in the fridge to help the chocolate set or can be kept at room temperature.