These chocolate cupcakes are topped with an Oreo Birthday Cake frosting and decorated to resemble Minnie Mouse! Perfect addition to any little girl’s birthday party!
My sweet little girl did it. She turned one this last week. I can hardly believe it. The year flew by! I am definitely blessed to have three healthy, happy, beautiful little girls in my life. Little girls who love cupcakes almost as much as I do!
So for baby girl’s first birthday I had to make her a special little cupcake all her own. Something about this little girl always makes me think of Minnie Mouse. I don’t know quite what it is. So I dressed her as Minnie Mouse for Halloween. She wore her Minnie Mouse gear when we went to Disneyland. She has numerous Minnie Mouse onesies and jammie sets.
So it only seemed natural that I would make her a Minnie Mouse birthday cupcake.
These cupcakes are made with a chocolate cupcake, but the frosting. Oh the frosting. If you haven’t noticed by now I like to use a box mix for my cupcakes, but I go all out with my frostings! Changing up the frosting completely changes up the cupcake!
These cupcakes are topped with an Oreo Birthday Cake frosting, and topped with some Oreo cookie crumbles. I separated the Oreo filling from the cookie and used the filling in the frosting, and it’s a birthday cake Oreo, so the filling and the frosting taste just like birthday cake!!
Of course baby girl had to have a special cupcake so hers had ears added to it 🙂
And that polka dot candle!!! How perfect was that?!
And I leave you with this picture of the little birthday girl, happily digging into that yummy frosting! (Nevermind the stacks of boxes in the background…2 more weeks until the BIG move!!!)Print
These chocolate cupcakes are topped with an Oreo Birthday Cake frosting and decorated to resemble Minnie Mouse! Perfect addition to any little girl’s birthday party
- 1 box mix Devil’s Food Cake Mix (plus required ingredients)
- 20 oreo fillings (save the cookie to crush for topping)
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter (room temperature)
- 4 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Prepare the cupcakes according to the directions on the mix
- For the frosting add all the ingredients to large mixing bowl. Stir on low speed for one minute and then stir on medium speed for one minute until completely combined.
- Add powdered sugar or milk as needed for desired consistency.
- When cupcakes are cooled, frost (I used a Wilton 1M tip). Add cookie crumbles as a topping.
- Cut additional Oreos in half and add to the cupcakes as ears to resemble Minnie Mouse.