Mexican Street Corn, or Elotes. This grilled corn recipe is coated with a cooling lime Crema, spiced with some Chile powder, and topped with crumbled Cotija and diced cilantro. The perfect side dish or appetizer!
- 4 corn cobs (husks and silk removed)
- 1/4 cup Mexican Crema
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon ground chili powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Juice of 1/2 a lime
- 2 teaspoons chopped cilantro
- crumbled Cotija cheese, or queso fresco
- chopped cilantro
- Chile powder
- Remove the husk and silk of the corn. If grilling, preheat the grill. Place the corn directly on the grill and cook for about 3 minutes, then turn the corn to continue cooking other sides. Continue this until all sides are cooked. If using a skillet, preheat the skillet over medium heat, add a small amount of olive oil, about 1 teaspoon. Add the corn and cook for 3 minutes, then turn to continue cooking the other sides of the corn. Continue this until all sides are cooked.
- While the corn is cooking, prepare the sauce. Add the Mexican Crema, mayonnaise, garlic powder, onion powder, chili powder, salt, lime juice, and chopped cilantro into a small bowl. Stir together until combined.
- After the corn is cooked, remove to a plate. Brush or spread the sauce onto the entire corn cob.
- Add toppings as desired, Cotija or queso fresco, cilantro, Chile powder, additional lime juice.
- Serve warm and enjoy.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 202
- Sodium: 168 mg
- Fat: 13 g
- Carbohydrates: 22 g
- Fiber: 3 g
- Protein: 3 g
- Cholesterol: 16 mg
Keywords: Mexican street corn, grilled corn,