Mexican Alphabet Soup. This beyond simple alphabet soup recipe is always a huge hit! Only 3 ingredients needed, this recipe only takes 20 minutes and is perfect as a quick, weeknight meal for the family.
- 14 ounces alphabet pasta
- 16 ounces tomato sauce
- 8 cups of water
- 4 tablespoons chicken bouillon
- Add 2 tablespoons olive oil to a large skillet, fry the alphabet pasta over medium heat. Keep stirring so that the noodles don’t burn. Once the pasta is turning golden pour in the tomato sauce and water. Stir to combine.
- Bring to a boil. Add in the chicken bouillon. Stir until completely dissolved and mixed in.
- Reduce the heat to medium low and allow to simmer.
- Allow to simmer until the pasta is tender, about 5-10 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Serve and enjoy!
*If you want to make this more of a pasta consistency, which is what I do for my littlest kids (it’s easier to eat) simply reduce the amount of water to 6 cups. As the noodles cooks it will soak up the liquid and be more of a pasta.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 202
- Sugar: 3 g
- Fat: 1 g
- Carbohydrates: 42 g
- Fiber: 3 g
- Protein: 7 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: alphabet soup, Mexican star soup,