Popcorn that tastes just like a lemon cream pie! This is a quick, easy snack to put together that will be a big hit with the family!
Who’s ready for some more lemon treats?! I am still on a citrus kick it seems. This lemon pie popcorn is so easy to make and it truly does taste just like a lemon cream pie. Lemon pie popcorn was quickly devoured by the kids and hubs! Ok, ok, maybe I had some too 😉
To start with this popcorn is coated in vanilla flavored white candy melts. Which is what gives that cream flavor. Then mixed with a lemon flavored gelatin. Not the sugar free kind, regular gelatin powder. This gives that delightfully sweet citrus flavor that I constantly crave.
And of course, to kick things up a notch, I added some actual lemon zest and lemon juice. Just can’t have too much lemon flavor! Drizzle some yellow candy melts on top for a little fun if you’re feeling it. A step that can be skipped since it doesn’t add to the flavor. But it certainly does make it pretty! Which never hurts.
Make sure you follow along so you never miss a recipe!!Print
Lemon Pie Popcorn
Lemon Pie Popcorn! Tastes exactly like a lemon cream pie! Perfect snack for kids and adults.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 2 minutes
- Total Time: 22 minutes
- Yield: 5
- 1 bag popped plain popcorn
- 1 bag white vanilla candy melts
- 1 box lemon gelatin
- zest of 1 lemon
- juice of 1/2 a lemon
- Pop the popcorn according to directions.
- Once the popcorn is slightly cooled, pour into a large bowl. Melt the white candy melts as directed until completely smooth.
- Pour the melted candy melts over the popcorn and gently stir until completely coated. Sprinkle the lemon gelatin powder over the popcorn and continue to gently stir until the powder is mixed, and all the popcorn is coated.
- Pour the popcorn onto a cookie sheet lined with wax paper to allow the candy melts to set and dry.
- Allow to set at room temperature for approximately 15 minutes. Then sprinkle with lemon zest, lemon juice, and drizzle with yellow candy melts if desired.
- If you are drizzling with the yellow melts, you will need to allow some more time for the melts to set and dry again.
- Serve immediately and enjoy! Can be stored in a closed container at room temperature for 1-2 days.
Prep Time includes time needed to allow popcorn coated in candy melts to set and cool.
More Lemon Treats to Enjoy:6