Jalapeno Popper Chicken
Jalapeño Popper Chicken. This easy to put together chicken dinner recipe is loaded flavor! Juicy chicken thighs topped cream cheese, bacon and roasted jalapeño. A low carb dinner option the whole family will love!
Jalapeño Popper Chicken
This easy to make chicken dinner recipe is a favorite in our household. It’s a great low carb dinner option, plus it’s loaded with fun flavors that the kids enjoy also.
This jalapeño popper chicken dish has all the flavors of a classic jalapeño popper. Cream cheese, crispy bacon, and roasted jalapeño. Adding this to chicken, makes it a complete main dish perfect for dinner.
The main part of this Jalapeno Popper Chicken is the chicken thighs. I’m using the O Organics® Air Chilled Chicken. I love to make this dish with boneless, skinless chicken thighs. The reason for this is the combination of white and dark meat that makes the chicken tender and juicy.
What is Air Chilled Chicken?
Air-chilled chickens are individually processed in cold chambers with purified air. The result is intensely flavored chicken and 100% mouth-watering chicken flavor.
How to Bake Chicken Thighs:
This allows the chicken to bake, and all the juices to fall below, leaving us with nothing but juicy chicken. No soggy chicken.
Before baking I like to brush a small amount of extra virgin olive oil over the top of the chicken thighs, then give a sprinkle of salt and pepper on each one. Bake at 375 for about 35-45 minutes depending on the thickness of the chicken thighs. Once they reach an internal temperature of 165 then they’re done.
It does add an extra step to bake the chicken this way, but the end result is worth it. If we baked the chicken in the baking dish and then added the topping on the end result is soggy jalapeno popper chicken.
While the chicken is baking, prepare the bacon and jalapeno. Dice the raw bacon, add it to a medium skillet, let it cook briefly, then we can add the diced jalapeno. I remove the seeds and membranes from the jalapeno when I make the dish. If you want more heat you can leave some of the membranes on.
After the bacon is completely cooked and the jalapeno is roasted remove from the skillet, or drain the grease from the skillet. Then combine with the cream cheese. The cream cheese should be softened, at room temperature, which makes it easy to stir this all together. If you’re looking to reduce the amount of dishes used, drain the grease from the skillet, then add the cream cheese and stir together.
Additional Information about O Organics® Air Chilled Chicken Facts
- Individually processed with purified air for 100% more natural flavor
- The chicken meat is higher in highly desirable Omega-3 fatty acids due to a proprietary 100% organic flaxseed-enriched feed (meat contains up to 3x more omega-3s than conventional vegetarian-fed chicken)
- Up to 40% Lower in dietary cholesterol due to a proprietary flaxseed-enriched feed (contains up to 21% less cholesterol (will vary by cut) than conventionally-fed chicken)
- Lower in saturated fat (vs. conventional vegetarian-fed chicken), a fat that many health organizations advise Americans to eat less of
- Cage free and American Humane Association certified
- Naturally moist even when skinless
- O Organics Air Chilled Chicken are fed a 100% organic vegetarian diet
O Organics Air Chilled Chicken and Open Nature® Air Chilled Chicken is available in Texas exclusively at Tom Thumb stores. You can also find it at some of the Albertsons Companies family of stores including ACME, Shaw’s, Star Market, Jewel-Osco, or Randalls.
Visit TomThumb.com to find a store near you and discover more recipe ideas.
More Easy Chicken Recipes:
WANT TO TRY THIS JALAPENO POPPER CHICKEN?
PIN IT NOW!
FIND ME ON PINTEREST FOR MORE GREAT RECIPES!
Jalapeno Popper Chicken
- 2 pounds Chicken Thighs
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp ground pepper
- 6 slices bacon
- 1 jalapeño , diced
- 8 ounces cream cheese , softened to room temperature
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 jalapeno , sliced
- 2 tbsp cilantro, chopped
- Preheat oven to 375℉. Line a large baking sheet with foil, place a wire rack on top. Set aside.
- Prepare the boneless skinless chicken thighs by cutting off any extra fat. Place the chicken thighs on the wire baking rack. Brush a small amount of olive oil on each chicken thigh. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes until the chicken is cooked through and shows an internal temperature of 165.
- While the chicken bakes slice the raw bacon and add to a medium size skillet. Cook over medium heat, once the bacon is partially cooked add 1 diced jalapeno. Continue cooking until the bacon is crispy and the jalapeno is roasted and slightly blackened.
- Add the bacon and roasted jalapeno to the softened cream cheese in a small bowl. Stir to combine.
- When the chicken is cooked through, place in a square baking dish. Top with the cream cheese mixture. Sprinkle with shredded cheese. Top with sliced jalapenos.
- Bake an additional 10 minutes to melt the cheese. Top with chopped cilantro if desired. Serve warm.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of ABSCos. The opinions and text are all mine.