- 2 pounds chicken (boneless skinless chicken thighs)
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 teaspoon sriracha (or other hot sauce of choice)
- 1/2 teaspoon worcestshire sauce
- Prepare the marinade by combining the sugar, soy sauce, ginger, garlic, pineapple juice, ketchup, hot sauce ad worcestshire sauce together, add ingredients to a large resealable plastic bag and whisk together.
- Add the chicken to the bag, seal, and store in the refrigerator to let marinate for 3-6 hours.
- After marinating time, preheat a grill or large skillet on a stovetop. Remove the chicken from the marinade and grill or cook the chicken for about 5-7 minutes. Then flip and cook the other side for another 5-7 minutes. Chicken should reach an internal temperature of 165 to be considered cooked according to FDA regulations.
- Once chicken is fully cooked, remove from grill or skillet. Set on a cutting board. Let it rest for a few minutes to cool slightly. Chop or shred the chicken.
- Serving Size: 1/2 pound
- Calories: 307
- Sugar: 26 g
- Sodium: 1090 mg
- Fat: 4 g
- Carbohydrates: 27 g
- Fiber: 0 mg
- Protein: 3 mg
- Cholesterol: 100 mg
Keywords: Huli Huli chicken, Hawaiian chicken, grilled chicken,