Horchata. This creamy, Agua de horchata is cold and refreshing. The sweet cinnamon flavor will pair perfectly with your next Tex Mex meal!
- 1 and 1/3 cups long grain white rice (raw)
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 4 cups cold water (filtered if you prefer since this will not be cooked)
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup whole milk (or milk of preference)
- Add rice, cinnamon sticks and 2 cups of water to a blender.
- Blend until rice and cinnamon are broken down. Add the remaining 2 cups of water and blend.
- Pour this mixture into a pitcher. Make sure to scrape all the rice bits from the bottom of the blender.
- Store in the refrigerator overnight.
- Stir the contents of the pitcher to loosen the rice bits from the bottom. Pour this mixture through a fine mesh strainer into another pitcher or container. Rinse the original pitcher and clean. Then pour the rice drink back through the fine mesh strainer back into the pitcher. This way the drink is being strained twice.
- Stir in milk, vanilla extract, and 1/4 cup of the sugar. Stir together with a whisk. Taste and sweeten more to taste if desired.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 292
- Sugar: 13 g
- Carbohydrates: 21 g
- Protein: 6 g
Keywords: horchata, horchata recipe,