The perfect strawberry sauce for your cheesecake or ice cream! Only 4 ingredients and a few minutes of your time needed! Made with fresh berries!
- 2 cups strawberries, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup white granulated sugar
- Add all ingredients to a medium size sauce pan. Heat over medium heat and bring to a boil, stirring occasionally.
- Once the mixture is boiling, reduce heat and allow to simmer for about 15 minutes, while stirring throughout.
- The berries will soften and will make juice.
- After the 15 minutes, remove the pot from the heat and mash the strawberries to desired consistency. Cover the pot and allow to cool for about 10 minutes. Spoon into a jar and store covered in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
Use about 1 pound of strawberries to get the 2 cups of diced strawberries.
- Serving Size: 1/4 cup
- Calories: 23
- Sugar: 3 g
Keywords: strawberry sauce,