Homemade Refried Beans! Quick and easy! Only 2 ingredients. These are the perfect side dish to any mexican meal, or any meal.
- 1 lb dried pinto beans
- 5 cloves garlic minced
- 6 cups water
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Sort through the beans to ensure that they are good.
- Rinse with water in a stainer to clean
- Add the beans and the minced garlic to a large pot or pan. Pour the water in. Beans should be fully submerged in water.
- Bring to a boil, then turn the heat to low and continue to simmer covered. Allow to cook for about 1 and 1/2 hours, stirring every half hour, until beans are soft.
- Once the beans are soft, remove the lid and continue to cook uncovered until all water is absorbed. Mash the beans to desired consistency and add salt.
- If beans are not as soft as desired add more water! Stir to combine.
- Serve warm and enjoy!
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 84
- Sugar: 0 g
- Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 15 g
- Protein: 5 g
Keywords: beans, side dish, refried beans, homemade refried beans,