Homemade Peppermint Patties! Never buy these again! So easy to make, only a handful of ingredients needed! Perfectly cool peppermint center encased in decadent dark chocolate.
- 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons peppermint extract
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 8 ounces dark chocolate chopped
- 2 teaspoons oil
- In a medium size bowl mix the sweetened condensed milk, peppermint extract, and powdered sugar together until thick dough forms.
- Sprinkle some powdered sugar on a flat clean work surface and place the peppermint dough on the sugar. Using a rolling pin roll out the dough to about 1/4 inch thickness.
- Using a medicine cup or other round object, cut out 1 inch circles from the dough. Place onto a wax paper covered baking sheet.
- Place the peppermint patties into the fridge to allow to cool for about 30 minutes.
- Place the chocolate in a heat safe bowl. Add the oil. Heat the chocolate in the microwave in 15 second intervals until the chocolate is fully melted. Stir until smooth.
- Using a fork dip the peppermint patties into the melted chocolate and place back on the wax paper covered baking sheet.
- Once all patties have been coated place the tray back in the fridge and allow the chocolate to set for another 30 minutes.
- Store the peppermint patties in the fridge until ready to be served! Enjoy!