These Kingsford® Smoked Hickory Grilled Chicken Wings are coated in a spicy dry rub, grilled to perfection on the BBQ and coated with a layer of Smoked Hickory BBQ Sauce.
Hellloooooo Hickory Grilled Chicken Wings. Who here is a fan of grilling during the summer? To be honest we will grill all year round. It’s a favorite weekend activity for us. The hubs loves to blast some country music, the kids get in their swimsuits and we set up the little pools on the patio. It’s a fun time. Typically we will make burgers and hotdogs, but sometimes we need to switch it up a little. And that’s where these grilled chicken wings come in!
So when Kingsford® sent us their Kingsford® Original Smoked Hickory BBQ Sauce along with the recipe for the dry rub that’s included below we were all excited! The recipe was super easy to follow. It starts with a 3 Pepper Dry Rub. Then we grill the wings over indirect heat in the charcoal grill. Slather them with the Kingsford® Original Smoked Hickory BBQ Sauce, and that’s pretty much it! Doesn’t get any easier.
If you’re looking for some side dishes to go along with these beauties I do think a lovely Blue Cheese Coleslaw or even the Blue Cheese Hominy would be wonderful choices. If you’re not a fan of blue cheese you could always go for the Jalapeño Bacon Hominy!
The entire family definitely enjoyed these grilled chicken wings and they will definitely be making a repeat appearance during our summer grilling sessions!
If you try this recipe out make sure you hop on over to Kingsford® by clicking here to let them know what you think about the sauce!!
These Hickory Grilled Chicken Wings are coated in a spicy dry rub, grilled to perfection on the BBQ and coated with a layer of Smoked Hickory BBQ Sauce.
3-Pepper Dry Rub
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 1 teaspoons paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 28 chicken wings, both flats and drumettes
- 1 cup Kingsford® Original Smoked Hickory BBQ Sauce
- Stir together the dry rub ingredients in a small bowl. Season the wings, using all of the rub for extra hot wings or half of the rub for spicy wings.
- Build a charcoal fire for indirect cooking using Kingsford® Charcoal by situating the coals on only one side of the grill, leaving the other side void. Preheat the grill to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place the wings on the grill over indirect heat and close the lid. Cook for approximately 30 minutes or until brown and crispy. Coat wings liberally with Kingsford® Original Smoked Hickory BBQ Sauce and cook an additional 2 minutes, allowing the sauce to carmelize. Remove wings from the grill, and serve with extra sauce.
Recipe created by Pitmaster Chris Lilly of Big Bob Gibson Bar-B-Q on behalf of Kingsford® Charcoal.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Kingsford. The opinions and text are all mine.