This green bean dish is easy to make and loaded with flavor from the bacon! Perfect gluten free option for a Holiday side dish!
- 1.5 pounds fresh green beans
- 2– 14 ounce cans diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup diced yellow onion
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 5 strips bacon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Clean the green beans, cut or snap off the ends. Cut or break the beans in half, making each piece about 2 inches long. Set aside.
- Dice the raw bacon strips up and toss into a medium size saucepan. Cook over medium heat for approximately 3-4 minutes. Bacon will still be soft, not crispy. Add in the diced onion and minced garlic. Cook for an additional 1-2 minutes. Pour out the excess bacon grease.
- Return the pot to the stove, add in the green beans and diced tomatoes. Stir to combine, Add the salt and pepper. Stir the green beans. Turn the heat to low and cook covered for about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Note that cooking time will vary if different amounts of beans are being cooked. Remove from heat pnce beans reach desired done-ness.
- Serve and enjoy!
*Important-Green beans continue cooking even when removed from heat, so remove the beans when they are almost to your desired done-ness level. Less cooking time if you prefer more snap to your beans.