Cooked penne pasta tossed with a creamy cucumber dressing and loaded with fresh tomato, cucumber, kalamata olives, and topped with feta cheese crumbles makes for a wonderful side dish!
Ok, so I know people are probably drowning in mashed potato and stuffing recipes right about now. Which while delicious, sometimes you just need a little break. Who can relate? So I created this super fresh, delicious pasta salad. This dish perfect for a light lunch, a side dish, or a dish to bring to a potluck! I have to say I loved making it, chopping up the cucumbers for the dressing made my house smell deliciously fresh and reminded me of warmer days!
This cucumber dressing is pretty much what I used for the spread on those amazing Salmon Burgers I shared with you a few days ago. When I made that spread the hubs and the baby ate almost all of it! Dipping everything they could find into it. And of course the hubs had the idea, why not turn it into a pasta sauce? So that’s how this pasta salad came about.
Nothing better during the holidays than a slight detox from potatoes and stuffing with some fresh ingredients! I’ve been craving salads and vegetables more and more as time goes by. I have to balance the chocolate season out with something!
I hope you enjoyed the recipe and will follow along on my cooking adventures:Print
Greek Pasta Salad
Enjoy the fresh flavors of a greek salad in this pasta salad tossed with a creamy cucumber dressing.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 8
- 1 lb penne pasta cooked and drained
- 8 ounces cream cheese(room temperature)
- 2 cucumbers peeled and sliced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 green onions chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic minced
- 1 tomato chopped
- 1 cup kalamata olives chopped
- Feta cheese
- In a food processor add about 1/2 of the cucumber slices, green onion, lemon juice, salt, garlic, and cream cheese. Process until completely smooth. If sauce is too thick, add more cucumber. The more cucumber you add the thinner it will get.
- Add the tomato, remaining cucumber, and olives to the pasta and toss with the cucumber dressing. Top with feta cheese.
- Store in a closed container in the refrigerator. Enjoy!
More delicious recipes to enjoy0