Strawberry Lemon Pound cake! This easy to make loaf cake is loaded with lemon flavor thanks to fresh juice and zest. Plus there’s sweet and juicy strawberries baked right in! All topped with a decadent drizzle of a lemon glaze. This bright and sweet loaf cake will be the highlight of your day!
- 1 cup white granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest (1 medium size lemon)
- 1 and 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup vanilla greek yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup strawberries, cleaned and diced
- 1/2 tablespoon all purpose flour
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 and 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice (can sub with some half and half or heavy cream)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray loaf pan (mine is 9×5) with baking spray and set aside.
- In small bowl combine the lemon zest and sugar. Mix together with your fingers until zest is coated with sugar and mixture is fragrant (will smell like lemon!)
- In large bowl mix together the flour, salt, baking powder, and sugar zest mixture. Whisk together to combine.
- In another medium bowl beat the eggs, add in the greek yogurt, vanilla extract, lemon juice, vegetable oil, stir until combined.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and stir gently to mix.
- Toss the strawberries with the 1/2 tablespoon of flour. Once batter is mostly mixed, gently fold in the strawberries.
- Pour the batter into the loaf pan. Using the back of the spoon evenly spread the batter.
- Bake for approximately 60 minutes. Top will be browned and a toothpick inserted into the middle will come out clean once done. Allow to cool in pan for about 10 minutes then turn the pan upside down to remove the bread from the pan. Move loaf to wire rack to continue cooling.
- While bread is cooling you can prepare the glaze. In small bowl add the powdered sugar, then the lemon zest. Pour in the lemon juice and stir. Start with 1 tablespoon and if the glaze is tasting tart enough (depends on the lemon used!) then use half and half or heavy cream to get the correct consistency. The glaze will be smooth. Stir until there are no clumps of sugar remaining. Add more sugar or more juice to obtain desired consistency.
- Pour the glaze over the cooled bread.
- Serve immediately or store bread in sealed container. I wrap mine in foil. Store at room temperature for 3-4 days.
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 302
- Sugar: 18 g
- Sodium: 238 mg
- Fat: 16 g
- Carbohydrates: 36 g
- Fiber: 3 g
- Protein: 7 g
- Cholesterol: 71 mg
Keywords: strawberry lemon pound cake, lemon pound cake,