Smashed Potatoes. These crisp potatoes are drizzled with a garlic butter sauce and topped with fresh diced herbs. The perfect side dish or appetizer recipe. The will disappear off the pan before they even reach the plate!
- 24 ounces (1 and 1/2 pounds) baby yellow potatoes
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted (divided)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- parsley, chopped
- chives, chopped
- Preheat oven to 425℉. Brush a large baking sheet with 1/2 tablespoon of the melted butter and set aside.
- Place potatoes in a medium size pot, cover with water. Bring to a boil.
- Allow potatoes to boil until softened, a fork should be able to easily pierce the potato.
- Once softened, drain the water and allow the potatoes to cool briefly.
- Place the potatoes on the buttered baking dish, spread apart.
- Carefully mash the potatoes halfway, so that the bottom of the potato stays intact.
- In a small bowl combine the remaining melted butter, garlic and salt.
- Drizzle the garlic butter over the tops of the smashed potatoes.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle with fresh chives and parsley. Serve warm.
Make Ahead Tips: Boil the potatoes ahead of time, drain, and store in a sealed container in the refrigerator for 2-3 days.
To reheat: place leftover potatoes on a baking sheet and heat in the oven at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes until heated through.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 169
- Sodium: 395 mg
- Fat: 16 g
- Carbohydrates: 7 g
- Protein: 1 g
- Cholesterol: 41 mg
Keywords: smashed potatoes, smashed potato recipe,