Perfect salty, fried snack! Don’t forget the ranch!
- 1 cup flour
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 egg
- cooking oil
- 16 ounce jar of dill pickle chips
- Fill a pot with about 2 inches of cooking oil, I used vegetable oil. Heat over medium heat.
- In bowl combine the flour, garlic powder, and chili powder, set aside
- In another bowl beat the egg and add the buttermilk.
- Drain the jar of pickles and place the pickles in the buttermilk mixture. Get them completely coated. Then one by one place them in the flour mixture. Only do about 6-8 at a time so they don’t clump together. Coat them completely in the flour mixture.
- The oil should be heated to where when you place the pickle in it will sizzle, lower the heat slightly so you don’t overheat it, place the pickles in the oil to cook for about 2-3 minutes. Remove once golden brown on both sides. Place onto a plate that is covered with a paper towel.
- Repeat the process until all pickles are fried! Serve with ranch or other dipping sauce of choice and enjoy!