Esquites.These cups of Mexican Street Corn are buttery, warm, and creamy. Top with some crumbled cotija, lime juice, hot sauce, chili powder, or kick it up a notch with some crushed up Hot Cheetos!
4 ears of corn
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
1/2 teaspoons salt
1/4 teaspoons garlic
1/4 teaspoons onion
2 tablespoons mayonnaise
3 tablespoons Crema
Fresh squeezed lime juice (1 wedge per cup)
Crumbled cotija or queso fresco
- Remove the husks and silk from the corn. Then cut the corn off the cob.
- Melt butter in a large skillet, add the corn, salt, garlic and onion powders, and cook for about 6-8 minutes until corn is softened.
- Remove the corn to a large bowl and add in the mayonnaise and crema. You can add more if you desire a creamier texture.
- Serve warm in a large bowl or in individual cups.
- Top with desired toppings! Enjoy.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 276
- Sodium: 346 mg
- Fat: 16 g
- Carbohydrates: 33 g
- Fiber: 4 g
- Protein: 5 g
- Cholesterol: 24 mg
Keywords: esquites, street corn, Mexican corn