Eggnog Cookie Cups! This sweet, creamy frosting is made with REAL Eggnog! Perfect quick and easy Christmas dessert!
Oh my goodness. I cannot believe that it’s already almost Christmas! Which means I should probably consider wrapping presents soon. My laundry room is stacked floor to ceiling with Amazon boxes. I have too many kids to be able too sneak out to do shopping. Plus..this way I get the joy of opening Amazon boxes and finding whats inside. Because to be honest, I don’t even remember what’s in all those boxes. One thing I do know, I need a couple of these Eggnog Cookie Cups to get me through the wrapping process.
I am a huge fan of cookie cups, if you haven’t noticed you check them out here. They’re so quick and easy to make, plus so fun to change up for any event or holiday. These ones are loaded with some eggnog frosting, topped with some cinnamon, and ready to see us through the pre-holiday chaos.Print
- Sugar Cookie Dough (homemade or box mix)
- 1/2 cup butter (room temperature)
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup eggnog
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spray mini muffin tin with non stick baking spray and set aside.
- Prepare the sugar cookie dough as directed, or prepare your own favorite homemade version.
- Using a cookie scoop or a tablespoon, scoop the cookie dough into the mini muffin tin. Press the dough down into the tin creating a crater in the center. This will help them to bake evenly.
- Bake the cookie cups for approximately 9 minutes or until the tops are just starting to turn golden brown. The center will still seem doughy. Press the center down with the spoon again to re-create the crater in the middle, this will make the cup shape. Allow to cool in the pan for about 5 minutes and then remove to continue cooling on a wire rack.
- For the frosting, place the butter in your mixing bowl. Beat it on high speed for about 30 seconds until the butter is creamy. Spoon in the powdered sugar and mix on a lower speed, slowly pour in the eggnog. Continue to mix until fully combined and nice and creamy!
- Add more powdered sugar or eggnog to achieve desired consistency.
- Pipe the frosting onto the cooled cookie cups. I used a Wilton 2D tip.
- Serve and enjoy!
Recipe first appeared on Princess Pinky Girl on Nov 25, 2015.