Creamed corn. This Southern side dish recipe is perfectly creamy and seasoned. A great option for a side dish to any meal!
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup onion, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 cups corn (1 lb frozen corn) (8 ears fresh) (2 cans 15 ounces canned corn)
- 1 cup half and half
- 1/4 cup fresh grated parmesan
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat a medium size saucepan over medium heat.
- Melt butter. Add minced onion and cook until softened.
- Meanwhile prepare the corn. If using fresh, cut the corn from the cob and using the flat part of the blade scrape the cob to get as much of the milk from the cob as possible. If using frozen, thaw the corn according to directions and drain any excess moisture. If using canned, drain the corn.
- Add the garlic and corn to the saucepan. Pour in the half and half. Stir to combine. If using fresh corn allow the corn to cook about 5 minutes to soften before moving on to the next step.
- Remove 1 cup of the corn and blend using a blender or food processor. Can also use an immersion blender and blend to desired consistency in the pot.
- Add blended corn back to the saucepan. Bring mixture to a simmer. Cook for about 5 minutes until heated through.
- Remove from the heat, add in the fresh grated parmesan. Stir while the parmesan melts into the corn.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve warm.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 244
- Sugar: 9 g
- Fat: 13 g
- Carbohydrates: 28 g
- Fiber: 1 g
- Protein: 6 g
Keywords: creamed corn, creamed corn recipe,