Easy Butter Pie Crust. This is the ONE and ONLY pie crust recipe you need. This crust mixes together quick and easy, rolls out perfectly, and bakes up tender and flaky. Once you try a homemade butter pie crust you will never want another kind!
- 1 and 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon baking powder
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter (cold)
- 2–4 tablespoons ice water
- In a food processor add the flour, baking powder, and salt. Pulse just to mix.
- Slice the cold butter into tablespoon size slices, add to the food processor. Pulse until combined together.
- Add in two tablespoons of cold ice water, pulse and check consistency. Add water slowly and pulsing the food processor until the dough clumps together. (check pictures above to see what it looks like).
- Sprinkle a small amount of flour on a clean, flat work surface. Remove the dough from the processor and place on the counter. Gently shape the dough into a circular disk.
- Using a rolling pin lightly sprinkled in flour roll out the dough into a large circle shape, about 1/4 inch thick.
- Carefully lift the pie crust and place in a glass 9 inch pie dish. Cut off the excess crust and crimp or flute the edge of the crust using your fingers.
- Either blind bake or fill with pie filling and bake according to recipe.
Make Ahead Instructions: this pie crust can be made ahead of time, formed into a disk shape and wrapped in plastic. Place this in a freezer bag and store in the freezer for up to 3 months. You could roll the pie crust and place in a pie dish and freeze this way also, it just takes up more space in the freezer.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 159
- Fat: 12 g
- Carbohydrates: 12 g
- Protein: 2 g
- Cholesterol: 31 mg
Keywords: pie crust, butter pie crust, pie crust recipe,