An easy to make, creamy, Dulce de Leche Ice Cream! The tastiest way to cool down!
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1– 13.4 ounce can dulce de leche
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pour the milk and cream into a medium size saucepan and bring to a boil over medium heat, reduce to a simmer and simmer for about 5 minutes. Then remove from heat and whisk in most of the dulce de leche until dissolved (save some to pour in later).
- Whisk in vanilla extract and transfer to a metal bowl. Chill the mixture by putting the metal bowl in a larger bowl of ice water for about 15 minutes.
- Pour the cold mixture into the frozen bowl of the ice cream maker. Churn for about 15 to 20 minutes until creamy and frozen.
- Transfer ice cream to a freezer safe container. Swirl remaining dulce de leche into the ice cream mixture. I spooned it in and swirled it around with a butter knife. Cover and place in freezer. Allow to freeze about 3 hours prior to serving.
Total time involves freezing time.
Recipe adapted from Dulce de Leche Ice Cream on Epicurious