Picadillo. This Cuban recipe is a stew made of ground beef, tomatoes and seasonings. Olives are added for saltiness and raisins for a little bit of sweet.
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 sweet onion, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 15 ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 cup green olives, diced
- 1/3 cup raisins, diced
- In a large skillet over medium heat, saute the onion and bell pepper in extra virgin olive oil until softened.
- Add in the ground beef. Cook while breaking up the meat. Cook until meat is browned and no longer pink. Drain excess grease.
- Stir in the garlic.
- Add the tomato paste and stir to combine.
- Add in the crushed tomatoes, salt, pepper, cumin and oregano. Stir to combine. Let cook on medium heat for 10-15 minutes.
- Stir in the green olives and raisins. Serve warm over white rice.
Recipe adapted from Three Guys in Miami.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 294
- Sodium: 440 mg
- Fat: 16 g
- Carbohydrates: 15 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Protein: 25 g
Keywords: picadillo, picadillo recipe, cuban picadillo,