Enjoy the fruity, savory flavoring of this Crockpot Cranberry Apple Stuffing. Made with low sodium chicken stock, whole wheat bread, and whole ingredients.
- 10 ounces dried bread cubes (I used wheat, use stuffing of choice or make your own!)
- 2 stalks of celery chopped
- 1 apple chopped
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 tablespoon sage
- 1/2 tablespoon thyme
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 2 cups low sodium chicken stock
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 eggs
- In crockpot mix together the eggs, chicken stock, and 3 tablespoons of melted butter.
- Add in the bread cubes, celery, apple, and stir until bread cubes are completely coated.
- Stir in the dried cranberries, sage, thyme, and parsley.
- Slice the last tablespoon of butter into three thinner slices and place on top of the stuffing.
- Cook in the crockpot high heat for 1 hour. Stir with fork when finished. Serve and enjoy!
***Herbs were all fresh. If using dried herbs cut the amounts. For dried sage and thyme use 1/2 a teaspoon and for dried parsley use 1 teaspoon.