Creamy Lemon Pasta with Tuna
Creamy Lemon Pasta with Tuna. The perfect springtime dish! Asparagus, tomatoes, tuna and pasta noodles all coated in a creamy lemon sauce. Easy to make, sure to please, and loaded with fresh flavors and colors!
I am an official ambassador for Chicken of the Sea. Chicken of the Sea provided me with free samples of Chicken of the Sea products for the purpose of this post, as well as compensation for my time. As always, all opinions expressed in this post are mine. Thanks for continuing to support the brands that support House of Yumm <3
Have you ever had a tuna noodle casserole? It’s completely comforting and basically like a warm hug. So when Chicken of the Sea asked me to use their Chicken of the Sea® Chunk Light Tuna in Water, in a recipe, my mind instantly went to the classic casserole. But then I remembered I live in Texas and it’s hot, and the last thing I want right now is a warm hug! So I decided to lighten things up, freshen it up, and add a little spring to a pasta dish featuring tuna. And that is how this Creamy Lemon Pasta with Tuna was born.
This dish is super easy to toss together, and even better? It’s pretty much customizable. You can load it up with whatever fresh produce is in season or that you prefer. I went for some juicy tomatoes for lots of color and fresh asparagus–because I’m obsessed with it. You could easily substitute for some snap peas or carrots. Really, whatever you would enjoy the most.
The creamy lemon sauce is basically the best thing ever and I want to pour this sauce over everything now. It’s made with cream (that’s how you know it’s going to be good!! Although if you prefer not to walk on the cream side of life you can sub this with a milk of your choice.) parmesan cheese, garlic, a little salt and pepper, and the lemon. Lots of lemon. We’re talking juice, we’re talking zest. It’s all in there.
And lemon is the PERFECT pairing for the Chicken of the Sea Chunk Light Tuna! The star of the show. The tuna is what brings this dish to life and really turns it into a fulfilling meal. Plus it brings some needed protein to the plate.
This dish is going to be the highlight of your spring. And now instead of craving the warm hug of a tuna noodle casserole you will be craving the light and fresh flavors of this springtime Creamy Lemon Pasta with Tuna!
Do you have a wonderful family favorite recipe or maybe a new idea floating around in your mind that you would love to try out using Chicken of the Sea products?
Creamy Lemon Pasta with Tuna
- ½ pound thin spaghetti noodles
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2 cloves garlic , minced
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1 tsp lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp white pepper
- 1 (12 oz can) Tuna in Water, drained
- 15-20 cherry tomatoes , sliced
- 10 asparagus spears , chopped
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- parmesan cheese
- fresh ground black pepper
- In a large pot over high heat bring about 6 cups of water to a boil. Add the thin spaghetti noodles and allow to cook for about 5 minutes, or until noodles are tender. Strain and set the noodles aside.
- In a large saucepan melt the butter over medium heat, add the garlic cloves and cook for about 1 minute until fragrant.
- Pour in the heavy cream, lemon juice and lemon zest, salt and white pepper. Stir until well combined. Add in the cheese and continue to cook over low to medium heat stirring often until the cheese is melted.
- While the sauce is cooking prepare the asparagus. Heat a small skillet over medium heat, add about a tablespoon of olive oil. When heated, add the asparagus and sprinkle with a pinch of salt and pepper. Cook for about 5-7 minutes until desired tenderness is achieved.
- Add the noodles to the sauce and stir until coated. Stir in the drained 1 (12 oz) can Chicken of the Sea® Chunk Light Tuna in Water. Top the pasta with sliced tomatoes and cooked asparagus. Serve warm and enjoy!
- Top with additional parmesan cheese or fresh ground black pepper.
WANT TO TRY THIS CREAMY LEMON PASTA WITH TUNA?!
PIN IT to your PASTA, or DINNER board TO SAVE FOR LATER!
FIND ME ON PINTEREST FOR MORE GREAT RECIPES!