This easy to make creamy pasta comes together in 30 MINUTES or less and is loaded with juicy shrimp plus packs a spicy cajun flavor!! Tastes just like a dish from your favorite restaurant but for a fraction of the cost! Perfect for a weeknight dinner or family meal!
Creamy Cajun Shrimp Pasta. I think it’s my new favorite dinner. Ever. It tastes like I’m at a restaurant. Which of course I don’t really go to anymore. It’s a kid thing. Why is it more relaxing for me to cook and clean up after the family than to go to a restaurant where all I should have to do is sit and be served? Oh, wait. I know the answer to that. I have a two year old.
Back to the pasta!! This pasta is coated with a creamy cajun sauce that is packed with flavor and is so SO easy to make. Plus! There’s shrimp! This creamy cajun shrimp pasta is definitely going to be a winner with the family.
Did you guys realize that Easter is coming up? I realize it’s just St. Patrick’s Day today. But Easter is already next week! I can’t even believe it. I definitely need to start making some plans. Since Easter is coming up that means Lent is almost over. Which also means that you may be running out of Lent friendly recipes. So here you go! But seriously, you are not going to feel like you are missing out on anything with this dish!
Did you know the USDA recommends you eat at least two 4-ounce servings of seafood each week? I’m absolutely thinking that this won’t be an issue. I don’t know about you, but I LOVE shrimp! Shrimp is an excellent, and tasty, way to meet that goal.
SeaPak shrimp is also fun and an easy introduction to seafood if you’re dealing with picky eaters. Fun fact for you, most experts say that it can take introducing a new food as many as 10 times before a child will accept it and learn to like it. I’m definitely keeping this in mind for my kids.. I think I’m on zoodle meal number 8 with them. Only two more zoodle dinners to go before I can stop watching my kids make faces! Score! I’m thinking I may make this meal for them and swap with some zoodles.. I think the shrimp is magic.
My favorite thing about using the SeaPak Shrimp Scampi was that it comes with that completely amazing buttery garlic sauce. Which worked perfectly to make the béchamel sauce. Oooooh fancy word right? ? Here we go again. Ok, béchamel is a French term. It refers to the sauce that happens when we mix butter and flour (which is a roux) with milk and make a sauce. This is the base that is used to make a lot of other sauces. Ta da! So easy. This is how I make all my cheese sauces like I have in the Jalapeño Bacon Hominy.
To find what SeaPak products are available near you, just head to the product locator on the SeaPak website. Piece of cake! Or shrimp.. Whatever. You know what I mean. By the way, there should totally be an expression that uses shrimp ?? <—- I may not have something clever to say..but I have an emoji!!! Which is almost better. And typically how I truly communicate with people ?
I hope you enjoy the recipe! You can follow along with me and never miss a recipe by signing up for my newsletter. Follow me on Instagram and tag #houseofyumm so I can see all the recipes you make. Plus follow me on snapchat! @houseofyumm ?
Creamy Cajun Shrimp Pasta
- In a medium size pot boil water and add the pasta to cook. While the pasta is cooking prepare the sauce.
- In a medium size frying pan add the SeaPak Shrimp Scampi and cook according to directions. Once the shrimp is cooked, remove the shrimp from the sauce and set aside.
- Keep 2 tablespoons of the scampi sauce in the pan add in the minced garlic and continue heating over medium heat. Add two tablespoons of flour and whisk together. This will be clumpy.
- Slowly pour in the milk, whisking to combine. Add in the spices and continue whisking to mix.
- Add the parmesan cheese, continue cooking over medium heat whisking until the cheese is melted and the sauce is creamy. Add the diced red bell pepper and allow the sauce to cook for an additional 5 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Drain the pasta, add to the sauce and stir to coat the pasta. Top with the cooked shrimp.
- Top pasta with chopped tomato, cilantro and additional parmesan cheese as desired!
- Serve warm and enjoy!
Thanks so much to SeaPak for sponsoring this post! Keep in mind though all opinions, as always,are mine!