This Cowboy Quesadilla is loaded up with a BBQ Chicken, a black bean Texas caviar and lots of fresh off the block, melty cheese! Perfect for dinner time, this dish will please the whole family!
- 2 pounds cooked chicken breast-shredded or chopped
- 1/2 cup BBQ sauce
Black Bean Texas Caviar
- 1– 15 ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1– 15 ounce can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 jalapeno, de-seeded and membranes removed, diced
- 1/2 cup red onion, diced
- 2 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 cups Monterey Jack Cheese, shredded
- 8 large flour tortillas
- In a medium size bowl mix the cooked chicken with the BBQ sauce until coated. Set aside.
- In a small bowl add the black beans, corn, diced jalapeño, red onion and garlic.
- In another bowl stir together the cilantro, vinegar, olive oil, and honey. Pour the dressing over the bean mixture. Stir to coat.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat, place one tortilla down on the skillet, layer with shredded cheese, BBQ chicken, Texas Cavier. When the cheese starts to melt, add another flour tortilla on top.
- Cook 2-3 minutes, until the tortilla on the bottom is toasted and turning a golden color, it will start to feel more firm, crispy.
- Carefully flip the quesadilla over and cook the other tortilla. Once the cheese is fully melted and both sides of the quesadilla are golden brown and crispy remove from the skillet.
- Cut into 4 equal pieces. Serve and enjoy!
Amount of quesadillas made will differ based on size of tortillas used.
- Category: main dish, snack
- Method: stovetop
- Cuisine: Tex Mex,
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 561
- Sugar: 13 g
- Fat: 22 g
- Carbohydrates: 41 g
- Fiber: 15 g
- Cholesterol: 30 mg