This Cowboy Quesadilla is loaded up with a BBQ Chicken, a black bean Texas caviar and lots of fresh off the block, melty cheese! Perfect for dinner time, this dish will please the whole family!
- 2 pounds cooked chicken breast-shredded or chopped
- 1/2 cup BBQ sauce
Black Bean Texas Caviar
- 1 15 ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 15 ounce can whole kernel corn drained
- 1 4 ounce can diced green chiles
- 1 4 ounce can diced jalapeño
- 1/2 small red onion diced
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 cups Sargento® Fine Cut Shredded 4 Cheese Mexican
- 8 large tortillas
- In a medium size bowl mix the cooked chicken with the BBQ sauce until coated. Set aside.
- In a small bowl add the black beans, corn, diced green chiles, diced jalapeño, red onion and garlic.
- In another bowl stir together the cilantro, vinegar, olive oil, and honey. Pour the dressing over the bean mixture. Stir to coat.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat, place one tortilla down on the skillet, layer with BBQ chicken, Texas Cavier, Sargento® Fine Cut Shredded 4 Cheese Mexican, and another tortilla.
- Cook until the tortilla on the bottom is toasted and turning a golden color, it will start to feel more firm, crispy.
- Flip the quesadilla over and cook the other tortilla. Once the cheese is fully melted and both sides of the quesadilla are golden brown and crispy remove from the skillet.
- Cut into 6 equal pieces. Serve and enjoy!
Amount of quesadillas made will differ based on size of tortillas used.
Cooking time is including time to cook the chicken also.