Cotton Candy Frozen Yogurt
This Cotton Candy Frozen Yogurt is the perfect summer treat! Fun, flavorful, and healthy!
Summer is in full effect. Heat wise anyway. I notice most places are starting Back to School sales already. Sigh. I suppose it’s time to start getting back into that groove soon enough. But while it’s still summer, and it’s still hot, and by hot I mean at least 100 degrees outside daily, it’s the perfect time to indulge in a little fro-yo action. This Cotton Candy Frozen Yogurt not only looks fun, it tastes fun! Plus the kids will flip for it! Best part, there’s no refined sugar in it. And don’t tell them, but it’s really secretly healthy for them.
This frozen yogurt is made with good ol Greek Yogurt. I used Vanilla, but you can also use Plain. I added some Almond milk, which can be substituted for any milk that you keep on hand. To add just a little bit of extra sweetness I added some agave. This is really just to taste. You may find if you’re using vanilla greek yogurt and a sweetened Almond Milk you may not need any sweetener. Just keep in mind that when you taste the yogurt mixture, you want it to be just a touch sweeter than you want it to be. When we freeze it we will lose some of the sweetness. For the cotton candy flavoring I used Lorann Hard Candy Flavoring Oil Cotton Candy Flavor. And again, this is really going to be to taste. You may want more or possibly less. It is pretty powerful flavoring oil, so you really don’t need to add too much to get that cotton candy flavor. And yes, it really does taste like cotton candy!
The pink and blue food coloring is a special added bonus to this treat. Completely unnecessary, and if you prefer not to use food coloring, it’s not necessary to the recipe. But seriously, how pretty does it look?! Split the mixture in half, make half pink and half blue. Then alternate adding the colors to the container you will freeze this in. Give a few swirls with a butter knife and you will have perfectly swirled pink and blue happiness when you scoop it out to serve!
If you make this recipe make sure you take a picture and share it on Instagram with#houseofyumm ! I love seeing your creations!
Cotton Candy Frozen Yogurt
- 2 cups Greek Yogurt, Plain or Vanilla
- 2 tbsp Agave, can substitute with maple syrup or honey
- ½ cup Almond Milk, or milk of choice
- 2 tsp Cotton Candy Flavoring Oil
- Pink and Blue Food Coloring, optional
- In a medium size mixing bowl add the yogurt and almond milk. Stir together until smooth and creamy. Add in the agave or sweetener of choice and mix to combine.
- Add in the Cotton Candy flavoring oil and stir until dispersed throughout the yogurt mixture. Add more to taste if preferred.
- Divide the yogurt mixture in half and spoon into another bowl. In one bowl add the pink food coloring and in the other add the blue. Stir until coloring is consistent throughout the yogurt mixture.
- Pour half of the blue mixture into the dish you will use to freeze the yogurt in. Drizzle half of the pink yogurt mixture on top of that. Then repeat with the remainder of the blue and pink yogurts. Using a butter knife swirl the mixture back and forth a couple times, this will swirl the colors together.
- Place container in freezer and allow to freeze for at least 3 hours. Serve and enjoy!
More Summertime Treats from House of Yumm
This post was originally published at I Heart Naptime on July 2, 2015.