Cheesy Corn Fritters. These easy to make fritters are loaded up with fresh corn, flavor, and most importantly cheese! Fried in a small amount of olive oil, these fritters are the perfect way to enjoy the flavors of summer!
- 3 cups of corn (fresh is best. Can use frozen or canned also)
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion
- 1 jalapeno diced (deseeded and membranes removed)
- juice from 1/2 a lime (about 1 tablespoon)
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 and 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack Cheese
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Add the corn to a large bowl. If using fresh corn, cut all the kernels off the cob. If using canned or frozen check notes at bottom of recipe.
- Add in the diced green cilantro, green onion, diced jalapeno, and squeeze in the lime juice from 1/2 a lime.
- In a small bowl add the flour, baking powder, salt, black pepper, chili powder and stir to combine.
- Pour the dry ingredients into the bowl with the corn. Stir to mix together.
- Pour in the beaten eggs, milk, and cheese. Stir to combine. Will be a thick batter.
- Heat a pan over medium high heat, add a drizzle of olive oil, we just need to coat the bottom of the pan.
- Place a scoop of the corn fritter batter, about a 1/4 cup amount into the hot oil. Press the batter down to compact it, and press the sides in to help create a patty shape using a rubber spatula.
- Let the fritters cook in the oil for about 2-3 minutes, you will see the edges starting to turn golden. Then carefully using a spatula flip the corn fritters over to cook the other side. Once both sides are golden brown then remove from the pan and set on a tray lined with a paper towel to absorb any extra oil.
- At this point you can sprinkle with any extra salt or pepper you may want.
- Serve the fritters warm. They are excellent with a little sour cream, salsa, and a squeeze of lime juice.
If using canned corn, pat the corn dry with a paper towel prior to following the recipe.
If using frozen corn, the corn should be thawed and patted dry with a paper towel.
- Serving Size: 1 fritter
- Calories: 163
- Sugar: 2 g
- Carbohydrates: 16 g
- Protein: 6 g
Keywords: corn fritter, fritter, corn, appetizer, light meal,