Classic Southern Pecan Pie. This nutty, sweet pie recipe is wonderfully rich and chock full of pecans. Baked in a flakey butter pie crust, this pecan pie is the highlight of the holidays!
- 3 eggs beaten
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup melted butter (unsalted)
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 pie crust
- Preheat oven to 350℉.
- In a medium size mixing bowl beat the eggs.
- Stir in the white, brown sugar and salt until mixture is smooth.
- Add the corn syrup and vanilla extract. Stir until completely mixed.
- Stir in the melted butter.
- Place pie crust in a 9 inch baking dish. Crimp or flute the edges.
- Add chopped pecans to the empty pie dish. Pour pie filling into the dish over the chopped pecans.
- Carefully place pie dish on middle grate in the oven.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes until center of the pie is baked and no longer jiggles when moved.
- Allow pie to cool to room temperature prior to serving.
Corn Syrup Substitute: mix 1/2 cup light brown sugar with 1/2 cup maple syrup.
Store covered in refrigerator 3-4 days.
Cover and freeze for 1-2 months.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 377
- Sugar: 54 g
- Fat: 25 g
- Carbohydrates: 63 g
- Protein: 5 g
Keywords: pecan pie, pecan pie recipe