Enjoy the refreshing taste of this classic margarita made with simple ingredients. No mix required! This simple margarita recipe is sure to become your favorite! Made with fresh lime juice, agave to sweeten, and a combination of tequila and triple sec. This cocktail is easy to make at home!
- 1 ounce lime juice (approximately 1 lime)
- 1/2 ounce triple sec
- 1 and 1/2 ounces tequila
- 1/2 ounce agave (can sub with simple syrup)
- 1/8 teaspoon coarse salt
- lime wedges
- Combine the ingredients in a drink shaker already filled with ice, or a jar or glass if you don’t have one. Shake, or stir if needed to mix the ingredients together.
- Rub a lime wedge over the rim of the glass and dip into coarse salt. Add ice into the glass.
- Pour into a glass over ice. Garnish with a lime wedge on the edge.
- Serve immediately and enjoy
A good quality silver tequila is typically used in margaritas. But you can use a gold tequila as well. Use whatever you have on hand or prefer. Fewer ingredients does mean that the tequila you choose will stand out.
To prepare a simple syrup: heat 1 cup of water to boiling. Stir in 1 cup of sugar. Stir until sugar completely dissolves and liquid is clear. Let cool to room temperature before using in cocktails.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 206
- Carbohydrates: 13 g
Keywords: margarita, margaritas, how to make a margarita