Classic Ground Beef Tacos. This classic ground beef recipe is easy to make, and perfect for Taco Tuesday or any day of the week! The best taco meat loaded up on crisp corn tortillas, topped with shredded cheese, tomatoes, sour cream. This is how ground beef tacos are supposed to taste!
Best Ground Beef Taco Meat
- 1 pound ground beef (70-80% lean)
- 1 tablespoon Chili Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 3/4 teaspoon Cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon Dried Oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
Fried Corn Tortillas
- 1/2 cup oil (can use canola or vegetable)
- 6 tortillas
- Cook the ground beef fully, drain grease, then add 1/2 cup tomato sauce and taco seasoning.
- Allow to simmer for 5 minutes.
- Pour 1/2 cup oil to a skillet, heat over medium high heat. Carefully dip a tortilla, if the oil sizzles and bubbles then it’s hot enough. Gently lay the tortilla in the oil and fry each side for about 30 seconds, just enough to give some color and add some crispness.
- Remove the tortilla to a paper towel to absorb oil, and carefully fold the tortilla over to create a taco shape. I do this with my tongs, or two forks, whatever I’m using to lay the tortillas in the oil and remove them.
- Fill the tortillas with the ground beef taco meat and add desired toppings! Enjoy.
Recipe is for 1 pound of ground beef. I can typically get about 6 tacos out of this. If you need to make a larger batch just multiply the rest of the ingredients. The taco seasoning recipe is for 1 pound of beef.
Nutrition information is for the ground beef. Does not include the toppings or tortillas.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 120
- Fat: 5 g
- Carbohydrates: 9 g
- Protein: 11 g
Keywords: tacos, ground beef recipe,