This chocolate fudge is bursting with juicy maraschino cherries!
I love maraschino cherries. And sometimes I sit and just think about what I can make that I can add cherries to. They’re delightful. They make me happy. I love when we go out to a restaurant and I get a drink that comes with the cherries on top. Highlight of my day. And when we go to Sonic, the main reason I get the cherry limeade is so I can pick the cherries out of my cup and eat them. So needless to say, I was quite excited about this Chocolate Covered Cherry Fudge. It combines two of my favorite things. Chocolate and cherries. This Chocolate Covered Cherry Fudge is so simple to make, only 3 ingredients and takes only minutes to make. Another thing to love about this dessert.
To make this all we need to do is melt some chocolate chips with some sweetened condensed milk. Stir in the cherries and pour into a baking dish. Place this in the fridge and let it cool. Seriously, it’s that easy. You want to keep the fudge in the refrigerator until you are ready to serve, otherwise it will soften and get slightly messy. Which, really..is that a bad thing?
I hope you enjoy the recipe and will follow along on my cooking adventures:Print
This chocolate fudge is bursting with juicy maraschino cherries
- 14 ounce can of Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 11.5 ounces of Chocolate Chips
- 1 jar Maraschino Cherries (approximately 24 cherries)
- Drain the cherries and blot dry with a paper towel. Get the cherries as dry as you can. Slice the cherries in half and set aside.
- Prepare a 9×9 baking pan by placing parchment paper inside, or greasing really well. (I do recommend parchment paper as it makes removing the fudge so much easier!) Set aside.
- Pour the sweetened condensed milk into a medium size saucepan and heat over medium heat. Once slightly heated (not boiling) add in the chocolate chips. Stir while the chocolate melts into the milk approximately 3-5 minutes. Again, do not bring to a boil.
- Once chocolate is fully melted and mixture is smooth, add in half of the cherries and stir to combine. Pour into the prepared baking pan. Place the remaining cherries on top of the fudge mixture slightly pressing them into the fudge.
- Place the pan uncovered into the refrigerator to cool and harden. Allow to cool for at least 3 hours. I left mine overnight. Once hardened remove from the pan, slice, and store in a covered container in the fridge until ready to serve. Enjoy!
Prep Time includes time needed to chill in the refrigerator.
More Sweets to Enjoy:26