Chocolate Bundt Cake with Pumpkin Cheesecake Swirl! This ultra moist and fudgy chocolate bundt cake has a surprise, luscious pumpkin spice cheesecake swirl right in the middle of it! Plus it’s all topped with a decadent chocolate ganache drizzle. So easy to make this cake is sure to impress!
- 1 and 1/2 sticks of butter (12 tablespoons)
- 1 and 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 and 3/4 cups all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup sour cream
Pumpkin Cheesecake Layer
- 8 ounces cream cheese (room temperature)
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
Chocolate Ganache Glaze
- 1 cup chocolate chips or 12 ounces chopped chocolate
- 2/3 cup heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray 12 Cup Bundt Cake Pan with non stick baking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl add the butter, beat until smooth and creamy. Add the light brown sugar and mix until combined and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time, mixing in between. Add vanilla extract and stir to combine.
- In another medium size mixing bowl combine the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt. Stir with a whisk to combine.
- In a glass measuring cup, or small bowl add the milk and sour cream, stir just until combined.
- Pour half of the dry ingredients into the butter and sugar mixture. Mix slowly, and add in half of the milk/sour cream mixture. Mix batter until just combined.
- Add the remaining flour mixture to the batter, stir slowly and add in the remaining milk. Stir until combined. Set aside.
Pumpkin Cheesecake Layer
- In medium size bowl beat the cream cheese until smooth. Add remaining ingredients. Mix until well combined.
- Pour half the chocolate batter into the bundt pan. Using a spoon smooth it out and create a slight tunnel in the batter (it’s wet batter so it doesn’t really form a nice tunnel, but a slight indent) Carefully spoon the pumpkin cheesecake layer into the chocolate cake batter leaving about a 1/4 inch space around the actual cake pan, so the pumpkin cheesecake doesn’t touch the cake pan.
- Pour the remaining chocolate cake batter into the cake pan. Smooth out.
- Bake for about 50 minutes. Top will look slightly puffy and a toothpick inserted will come out clean.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for about 10 minutes. If the top (what will be the bottom) of the cake is puffed up and not even, grab a clean towel or paper towel and gently press it down. The towel will prevent burning your hands. The cake will still be warm. Pressing it down while still warm will help flatten out the top/bottom of the cake.
- Once the cake has cooled about 10-15 minutes, gently place the cake plate you will be using on top of the cake pan. Turn the entire cake pan over, still holding the cake plate on the top. Remove the cake pan and you will have the bundt cake on the plate. Congratulations!
- Pour chocolate into small bowl.
- Heat the heavy cream until just below boiling point. Pour over the chocolate and allow to sit for a couple minutes, chocolate will melt. Stir until smooth. As it cools it will thicken. When it’s cooler and thicker slowly drizzle the chocolate over the top of the cake.
- Serve and enjoy! Store covered at room temperature. Cake will last 4-5 days.