Chile Lime Salmon. This quick and easy 20 minute dinner recipe is healthy and flavorful! Chili garlic sauce gives a bit of heat, honey sweetens, and lime adds a fresh citrus burst!
There is nothing better than a 20 minute dinner! Especially one that my whole family loves! This Chile lime salmon comes together quick and easy. It’s loaded with flavor thanks to the spice of the chili garlic sauce, but has a wonderful citrus burst from the fresh lime juice and zest. This salmon is always a huge hit!
Chile Lime Salmon
This salmon recipe comes together quick and easy. It can be prepared and ready to eat in 20 minutes! Which makes this a perfect weeknight meal. Thanks to using the Chile garlic sauce, this dish does have a bit of a kick to it, not too much, but if you’re unsure if small children (or yourself) can handle the heat, you can definitely scale back on the Chile garlic sauce. My 6 year old daughter loved this dish, but she also loves hot sauce on pretty much all her foods!
How to make Chile Lime Salmon
- Prepare the sauce in a small bowl. Simply combine the ingredients together with a whisk. The ingredients we will use are Chile garlic sauce, which gives a bit of heat. Some lime zest and juice, to help balance and provide a cooling citrus flavor. A bit of honey to sweeten things up. And a little salt.
- Place the salmon fillets on the baking sheet and simply brush the tops of the fillets with the sauce. This recipe makes enough sauce for about 1.5 pounds of salmon, which is about 4 good size fillets.
- Bake the salmon for 15 minutes.
- After baking garnish with chopped cilantro and a lime slice.
How to bake salmon
Baking is my preferred method for making salmon, because I can nail it easily each time I make it. The salmon is considered cooked at an internal temperature of 145 according to the FDA. As always, measure the temperature in the thickest part of the fillet. When salmon is fully cooked it should flake easily with a fork, and the fish itself will take on an opaque appearance. Before it is cooked salmon has a more translucent look, but once cooked it will have a more solid look.
To bake in the oven, simply line the baking sheet with some foil. Brush the foil with some olive oil, or spray with a baking spray. Place the salmon fillets on the foil skin side down. Then brush the salmon with the sauce. Bake for about 15 minutes, or until the internal temperature reaches 145.
What to serve with this Chile Lime Salmon
If you love salmon, try out this Baked Salmon with Parmesan Cream Sauce recipe too!
Chile Lime Salmon
- 4 salmon fillets , approx 1.5 pounds
- 3 tbsp chili garlic sauce
- 1/2 tsp lime zest , approx 1 small lime zested
- 2 tablespoons of lime juice, approx 2 small limes or 1 reg lime
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1/2 tsp salt
- chopped cilantro
- lime slices
- Preheat oven to 350℉ degrees. Line a large baking sheet with foil or use a silicone baking mat. Set aside.
- In a small bowl combine the chili garlic sauce, lime zest, lime juice, honey, and salt. Whisk to combine.
- Lay the salmon fillets on the baking pan, skin side down. Brush the tops with the sauce.
- Bake the salmon for 15 minutes. Remove from the oven.
- Garnish with chopped cilantro and lime slice if desired.
- Serve warm and enjoy!
Chile Lime Salmon first appeared on The Recipe Critic.