Chilaquiles Rojos. A traditional Mexican breakfast dish with a few Tex Mex additions. This dish is bursting with flavor and spice!
- 8–10 corn tortillas
- 3 cups vegetable oil, or corn oil
- 2 cups red chile sauce
- 9 ounces pork chorizo
- queso fresco
- 2 large eggs
- Optional Toppings
- Sour Cream
- Slice the tortillas into 8ths, creating 8 equal triangle shapes. Heat the oil in a deep sauce pan. Place the corn tortilla pieces into the heated oil in small batches, fry in the oil for about 10 seconds on each side. The tortilla will start to turn slightly golden and will be crunchy when removed from the oil. Place the fried tortilla onto a paper towel to dry the oil off of them.
- In another skillet cook the chorizo and set aside. Then cook the egg sunny side up, or to preference. And set aside.
- Place the fried tortillas in a skillet. Pour the red chile sauce over them. Allow the tortillas to cook in the sauce for about 2 minutes. Just enough to heat them.
- Top with the chorizo, the egg and any other additional toppings you choose.
- Serve warm and enjoy!